Wednesday 4 April 2018

The Corpse Role by Keith Nixon


Having enjoyed a couple of other books by Keith Nixon, I was keen to read this one. 



The Blurb:

Not everything that gets buried stays buried... sometimes things have a nasty habit of resurfacing…

When the corpse of a security van driver implicated in an unsolved £1.2 million heist turns up in a shallow grave two years later it’s just the beginning for Detective Inspector Charlotte Granger.

She embarks on a murder investigation that takes her into dangerous territory – a world of corrupt police, unscrupulous private investigators, local gangsters, organised crime and an investigative journalist who'll stop at nothing to get his story. Meanwhile events from Granger's own past are threatening to come back and haunt her...

As people are murdered to silence them and vital information vanishes from files, can DI Granger get to the truth? And if she does, what will that truth reveal?

My Review:

I had previously read two Solomon Gray novels by Keith Nixon, so I was interested to read something different from him.

This book features Detective Inspector Charlotte Granger as she tries to solve the murder of a security guard who was involved in a heist two years ago. The bodies soon start to pile up, and DI Granger and her team try to both establish the link between the victims, and discover the identity of the murderer.

The book is told in the present, following the investigation, interspersed with chapters told by an unidentified narrator set two years previously as the original heist is underway.

The story kept a good pace up right from the beginning, and the characters are well fleshed out. I found the chapters set in the past answered some of my questions and had me asking more! Mainly about everybody's identity.

The last chapter - I absolutely did not see it coming, and I loved it! Highly recommend.

You can find my review of Dig Two Graves by Keith Nixon here.

And my review of Burn The Evidence also by Keith is here.

You can buy The Corpse Role here:



And in all good bookshops!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Crow Moon by Suzy Aspley

I'm always excited to read debut novels. Particularly crime ones. And particularly ones set in Scotland. And as the author has the same ...